Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hi There

Hi there I'm back....  Like I promised, I'd give you an insiders view on some of the pubs, restaurants and nightlife scene here in Plymouth.  Well last week and weekend I made a huge effort to go to a few establishments, even though I went to a fantastic event in Boston, The Challenge on The Charles on 7/21, wow what a great time, it was held on the Community Boating docks (check out their website: http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org/) .  Anyway, the reason you are here is Plymouth so here goes....  The New World Tavern on Main Street, stopped in there last Friday night with the hubby for a  craft beer (they have a HUGE selection, 32 on tap and 120 bottled!) and an appetizer.  We ordered our beers and chicken wings, I know your thinking, oh please..chicken wings?  They have many different flavors to choose from, we ordered Jamaican Jerk.  Now, we've been to Jamaica many many times and have had jerk many times but this.........YIKES... One bite and I couldn't feel my tongue!!!  I felt like Robin Williams in his stand up routine.... I couldn't eat them but hubby thought they were great.  I went back for a late lunch/early supper and the food was very good, they have an affordable menu (which is hard to find in a tourist area).  So I give them a thumbs up!!  I'll be back.  P.S.  they have a back room with a dance floor and entertainment, try it out!  Next blog.. I'll give you my take on another establishment...



No comments:

Post a Comment