Friday, July 13, 2012

New news!!

Wow, it's been a while since I've had the chance to blog, we've been very busy here.  I know that's no excuse but that's the only one I can think of right now....  So getting back to writing/blogging, my thoughts are going in every direction.  I have to sift through and decide which ones you may find interesting...hmmmm.... 
Ok here goes........  The movie "Monumental,  In Search of America's National Treasure" has created such a stir!!  People are flocking to Plymouth to see the Forefathers Monument,  I don't think I've been asked so many times as to where it is, is there a guide to explain it, etc, etc.. There are a couple people in town that I personally know that are very knowledgeable about the monument, Bettyann's Tours (508-801-2300) and Leo Martin (508-747-4544), call them if your interested.

The town has been very busy with festivals, parades, and celebrations, of course the 4th of July was huge as usual.  July 14 is Maritime Days on the waterfront, the weather is supposed to be beautiful so I'm sure the turnout will be tremendous.  There will be the blessing of the fleet, nautical craft vendors, food, entertainment, then the grand finale the Lighted Boat Parade.  Also July 14 there is the 5th Annual Plymouth Harbor Folk Festival, check out their website for the list of artists.

Lots of new restaurants and bars have opened for more nightlife options.  I'll tell you about them (or at least the ones I've been to), I try to get to as many as possible.  I hate to review or critique a venue based on one visit, you ever know when someone is having an off night, so I give everyone a second chance, before I pass along my opinion.

Have a great weekend, stay cool, where lots of sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment